- Certification from a culinary school or trade qualified
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience as a Baker, Pastry Chef or similar role
Skills & Abilities:
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Good communications, organisation and diplomacy
- Setting schedules for housekeeping
- Passion for food
- Motivated to work in a team
- Compliance with all food safety policies, procedures and practices
- Cost control
- Great attention to detail and creativity
Roles & Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
We are looking for a Baker to prepare different types of bread and a wide range of pastries, like cookies, cakes and pies.
Baker responsibilities include opening the bakery early in the morning, mixing dough, preparing fillings and glazing pastries. To be successful in this role, you should have work experience as a Baker and be able to decorate cakes using creative techniques.
- Bake different bread types, like pretzels, baguettes and multigrain breads, working with Executive Chef to create a large repertoire
- Prepare custom-made pastries based on guest preferences
- Recommend recipes (e.g. gluten-free options)
- Familiarity with all professional kitchen equipment, including mixers, blenders and
- Understanding of food safety practices
- Experience with cake decoration techniques
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to remain calm and focused in a fast-paced environment
- Team spirit, with a customer-focused attitude
- Flexibility to work in early morning shifts
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
A detailed job description will be provided to successful applicants.